I am currently an assistant professor at San Francisco State University's department of Hospitality & Tourism Management, in the College of Business. My teaching responsibilities include:
- HTM458 - Revenue & Cost Control - Managerial accounting and introductory financial statement analysis for hospitality operations. A case-based course format aimed to culture students' ability to articulate, explain and teach core managerial accounting concepts.
- HTM352 - Foods, Production & Service - Food preparation, standards, and techniques in food production and service. Product and ingredient quality evaluation.
- HTM531 - Hospitality Service Management - Service management and marketing concepts in hospitality service organizations. Taught as a semester-long consulting project for real service operation.
I was also a full-time faculty member at the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, NY. At the Culinary, I taught three semesters of FIN401 - Financial Management for the Bachelors' program, and four blocks of HOSP242 - Menu Development for the Associates Degree program. The following are brief descriptions of each course:
- FIN401 - Financial Management - Classic introductory corporate finance class. Format: lectures, case work, and labs.
- HOSP242 - Menu Development - Menu composition, design, and analysis from the business perspective. Format: lectures and case work.
During my studies at Cornell, I have had the opportunity to be a graduate or teaching assistant for 12 courses - a total of over 30 course-semesters for which I have aassisted professors and students at Cornell:
FOOD & BEVERAGE OPERATIONS
- HADM4401 - Restaurant Entrepreneurship (6 semesters)
- HADM4403 - Specialty Food & Beverage Operations: Guest Chefs (3 semesters)
- HADM4430 - Introduction to Wines (3 semesters)
- HADM4431 - Food and Wine Pairing Principles & Promotion (1 semester)
- HADM4437 - The Anheuser Busch Seminar in Quality Brewing & Fine Beer (2 semesters)
- HADM6606 - Restaurant Revenue Management (2 semesters)
- HADM7703 - Operations Management (1 semester)
FINANCE & ACCOUNTING RELATED
- HADM2221 - Managerial Accounting (2 semesters)
- HADM6624 - Reporting & Analysis of Financial Statements (5 semesters)
- HADM7723 - Corporate Finance (1 semester)
- HADM7724 - Managerial Accounting (3 semesters)
As both a graduate and a teaching assistant, I have had the distinct pleasure to work with professors:
Linda Canina, Jim Hessford, Sherri Kimes, W.Michael Lynn, Q. Ma, Stephen Mutkoski, Giuseppe Pezzotti, Gordon Potter, and Chef Bob White.